Thanks so much to Sumith Babu for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award. Sumith shows the true artistry of cooking in his food blog, which has some great recipes. Sumith highlights the importance of bringing out the visual beauty of food to enhance the overall eating experience, which is something I certainly haven’t mastered yet! I’ll keep checking out Sumith’s blog though for inspiration… https://keralas.live/
1: Write a post to show your award.
2: Thank the person that nominated you.
3: Briefly describe your journey as a blogger.
4: Give advice to other bloggers.
5: Nominate the deserving ones.
3) My Blogging Journey
- I started my blogging journey at the beginning of 2016 to fulfil one of my Vision Board goals to learn and hopefully eventually master the art of Blogging and to improve my ability and skills in the use of Social Media. Just setting up the blog site without having to call on the help of my sons or granddaughters (says something when I rely on a 4 & 6 year old to help me…) feels like a massive achievement!
- I’m delighted, amazed and thankful for the lovely feedback and support I’ve received from my fellow bloggers in my brief journey so far. I start out with trepidation having read some ‘horror’ stories of troll type nasty comments etc. and am so grateful for the positive feedback and encouragement received from people I’ve never met and this has really boosted my confidence!
- I do struggle sometimes to ‘keep up’ – firstly with posting new blogs and secondly to maintain contact and read new posts etc. and I recognise this is still ‘work in progress’..
- So to continue my ‘learning journey’, I’m hoping to improve my photographic skills and also to test out making some videos and I also want to improve ‘focus’ within the content on my blog. I still want to keep up with some variety in my posts but I’m feeling that maybe I’m a bit too ‘random’ and should try to stick to some key themes – what do you think – I’d love to hear your thoughts on this?
4) Advice to other bloggers:
Blogging provides an amazing opportunity to connect with others from around the globe which makes the World seem like a smaller place. Enjoy the experience of developing and honing your skills without expecting a massive following overnight – it really does take time and effort to develop your blog so you may as well have some fun along the route!
5) Nominate deserving bloggers:
Like Sumith, I feel it is impossible to choose which are the ‘deserving bloggers’ as all the blogs I follow have inspired me in some way! In the interest of not driving some of the ‘deserving bloggers’ mad, as I’ve recently nominated quite a lot of people for various blogging awards and challenges, I’m going to ‘hold’ this nomination for a couple of weeks and come back to nominate someone in due course.. I hope that’s ok as I really don’t want people to start avoiding me as a result of ‘blog award nomination overload!’…
If you feel that I’m just ‘copping out’ feel free to let me know as then I’ll know that you won’t kill me or delete me from your list of followers if I nominate you… I’d LOVE to hear from you on this basis!!
Thanks again to Sumith and don’t forget to visit his site: https://keralas.live/ for some fabulous foody inspiration!