In the rush up to Xmas, do you feel like ‘Time’ is rushing by too quickly and you’re struggling to fit anything in? Are you ‘JUGGLING BAUBLES’? I know that’s how I’ve been feeling…
‘TIME’ – it’s probably our most precious and valuable resource and yet there are ‘TIMES’ that it seems to slip through our fingers and rushes away from us… When we just can’t fit in everything we need to do and we’re left feeling exhausted.
Then there are other ‘TIMES’ where we ‘fritter away time’… Prevaricating – putting off until tomorrow what we ‘should’ be doing today… Where we ‘waste time’ thinking about what we ‘should’ be doing without actually taking any action to do it and then we can’t enjoy how we’re spending our time in the present moment because in the back of our mind we know we ‘should’ be doing something else so we feel GUILTY!
So my 4 top tips to help you ‘find time’ to enjoy the Xmas Season are:
- Stop for a moment in the ‘rush rush rush’, sit down and make a list of what is REALLY important and absolutely essential for you to do.. I bet lots of things you think you ‘should’ be doing don’t really have to be done and could just be ‘crossed off’ the list! Then TAKE ACTION on the things that you’ve put as ‘top priority’… Get them ticked off too so you can stop feeling guilty!
- Aim for great not perfect… so often, we add things in to make everything ‘perfect’ and then we’re too exhausted to enjoy it anyway and I’m sure your friends and families would prefer you to be enjoying your time with them rather than admiring the ‘perfect’ table setting!
- Just sit peacefully for a moment and remind yourself what you have in your life rather than chasing after what you haven’t got… Don’t fritter time chasing after the ‘elusive best Xmas present…’!
- Enjoy ‘being in the moment’ with those you love so that you enjoy and truly appreciate that ‘precious time’ with them.. Stop worrying about what you haven’t done and remember all the things you have done!
- Take Time to HAVE FUN! Who really cares if the Turkey gets burned – it adds to the ‘fun’ of the day!
If you’ve got some ‘Tips for Time’, please let me know in the Comments… all tips very gratefully received…