So here goes – thanks to Franki Fancies for nominating me to complete this ‘happiness tag’ the rules are easy. Write about 5 things that make me happy, 5 songs that make me happy and nominate 5 ‘happy’ bloggers to complete the tag too if they fancy sharing a bit of happiness..
5 Things that make me hapy:
- My Husband comes top of my list – After 40 years together he still makes me laugh which is pretty good going! We’re currently on holiday in Spain and lots of laughs have echoed out across Calpe..
- My family – 2 sons and their beautiful wife and girlfriend and of course my 2 gorgeous granddaughters who certainly make me laugh – I love being a ‘Nanny’. I have a fabulous extended family too – one of my sisters had 6 children and we’ve lived next door to each other for the last 27 years so have shared lots of happy times together and our garden has seen lots of happy moments cast firmly on my memory.
- My dogs – they have been part of my life since my dad bought me my first Lakeland Terrier called Scamp when I was 6. I’d walked around with a toy Koala Bear on a lead for 2 years before my mum finally gave in.. Since I’ve been married, we’ve had 3 King Charles Spaniels – 2 of which had been lost or mistreated and Holly our last was a surprise Xmas present from my husband – she lived for 17 years and bought lots of happiness to me and all our family as the boys were growing up. Finally we have Dolly – Check out my postDoggy blogging day who is so cheeky and makes us all laugh!
- Holidays never fail to make me happy and always create lots of fun and laughter. From our honeymoon – camping in a field all by ourselves in Devon, UK in a tent borrowed from friends as we couldn’t afford our own, then with the lads and usually some of their friends and cousins tagging along.. we eventually upgraded to a tourer caravan and eventually when our youngest was 15 we realised a trip abroad was necessary to keep a teenage lad amused – camping no longer held it’s allure! Since then we’ve been fortunate to have lots of brilliant holidays shared with our lovely family who take great delight in soaking mum/Nanny with freezing cold water usually!
- Great Friends and in particular my best friend Dawn. We’ve been friends since we were 11 years old and over the years we’ve shared lots of laughter together – partners in crime and lots of mischief some of which can never be repeated!!
5 Songs that make me happy.
I agree with Frankie – this was almost impossible to narrow down to just 5 but here goes:
- ‘It’s a wonderful world’ by Louis Armstrong. Just the words are so motivating but this one reminds me so much of my dad. He loved Jazz and Louis Armstrong was a happy part of my childhood memories.
- Mr Blue Sky – ELO. I was introduced to ELO when I was just 15 by my hubby (to be) and Mr Blue Sky has almost become a family theme tune always blasting out of the car as we travelled to our holiday destination.. and was chosen by Daryl and Jenny (Daryl is my oldest son) to be played at their wedding on New Years Eve 2014 – happy days!
- Somewhere over the Rainbow – I love the Eva Cassidy version and always loved the original version by Judy Garland
- Gangam Style – Yep for real – this one always makes me laugh as my granddaughters absolutely love it and do some amazing moves (of course I have to join in too)..
- Life is a Rollercoaster – Ronan Keeting. This one always transports me back to going to his concert with my bestie Dawn where as 45 year olds we reverted back to being 2 screaming teenagers – to which the ‘lady’ stood next to us wasn’t very impressed!
So now for my nominations – hope you don’t mind but I’d love to read your Happiness Tag’s..
So – I had to just add this postscript of 2 things that have made me smile tonight as I write this post:
Hahaha – I’ve just had the best laugh – at my husband who has just screamed like a baby when I gigantic flying beetly thing just zoomed across the balcony over our heads (on holiday in Spain) – had to add this one in – hillarious – I know you probably needed to be here but take it from me – my laughter could be heard a mile away!! ….. In his defence I screamed too and it was the size of a helicopter….
And as I’m writing this post, on the radio has just come on the old song ‘Love is a many splendid thing’ it evoked memories for both me and hubby of our respective grandma’s. Mine used to sing this at concerts and Bryan’s nanna used to make him stand on the table and sing it as a ‘bribe’ for sweets.. ahhh.. happy times….
Post post update
As I’ve ended up with 6 things and songs I’m nominating a 6th blogger who is a new blogger on the block so check out her blog site if you get chance… holisticlifestylecoachblog ☺