I’ve been blogging now for a whole 3 months and today I received a WordPress milestone notification which inspired me to have a quick review of my WordPress Statistic and blogging achievements.
There are moments during the last 3 months that I’ve felt disheartened when I’ve seen how quickly other bloggers have grown their followers and the number of likes and comments they receive for each new post or I’ve felt frustrated at my technological incompetence!
It’s so easy to spend our lives comparing ourselves unfavourably to those around us and giving up because we feel we will never be ‘good enough’, when it would serve us so much better to focus on our own personal achievements and take time to celebrate who we are and our own amazing journeys which are all so different.
So for today I’m enjoying celebrating how far I’ve come in the last 3 months and some of the lessons I’ve learned along my blogging journey:
- I actually managed to set up my own blog site by myself with no help from my children! I impressed myself with this if nobody else and managed to tick off one of the goals on my 2016 Vision Board.
- With over 50 posts to my name, I feel proud to call myself a Manchester Lifestyle Blogger
- Through my blog I’ve shared some of my own poems which was something I never thought I’d be brave enough to do… A mothers love lives on was one of the first poems I posted and I was delighted when it quickly received 16 likes.
- Sharing the news of my Diabetes diagnosis and the need to develop a healthier lifestyle has really helped keep me ‘on track’ and the encouragement of my fellow bloggers has encouraged me to keep on with my weight loss through healthy eating – I’ve now lost one and a quarter stone (about 17 pounds) and ongoing….
- After I posted 60 Second Facelift or Miracle Snore Cure? I received my first ‘blogging gift’ from Rio Beauty, who having read my theory, linked to my blog post on their Facebook page and then very kindly and most unexpectedly sent me some creams and patches to use with the Facelift machine (which is really effective – not just because they’ve now sent me a gift!!) Hopefully, the machine will hold off the need for me to follow the popular ‘fillers and Botox’ route and remain true to my poem: Let the world see the real you! I’m in the middle of testing out my theory about the ‘snore cure’ and will post further about this in due course..
- I’ve gained confidence in my blogging and learned some of the tricks to improve Search Engine Optimisation – including adding ‘links’ to previous posts (Just in case you hadn’t noticed – haha!!)
Through this journey over the last 3 months, what I’ve found so exciting is that Brilliance Within has now received 579 visitors – people from across all Continents across the World – How Amazing!! 1697 views and 500 ‘likes’ of my posts. (as of 31st May 2016) and growing daily..
And MOST IMPORTANTLY is that I have gained learning and insight into so many new ideas and lessons for life through reading the posts of my feloow bloggers. I’ve read some amazing stories, been inspired and picked up lots of brilliant tips which I’m putting into action everyday.
So THANKYOU to all those who have visited/followed my site and liked/commented on my posts and led me back to your sites through which I have gained so much insight and which have added value to my journey in life!
Mmmm – now how should I celebrate all this – I’m Soooooooooo tempted by some of the tasty SWEET treats on Vanilla and Sugar’s amazing site: https://vanillaandsugar.wordpress.com/
but NO – I’ve just booked a holiday so really must resist!! …… Not that within the next 2 weeks I’ll be quite ‘in shape’ for the bikini – and NOOOOOO I won’t be posting any pool pictures so you can continue to follow my site in the knowledge that I won’t be terrifying you with the images of the body of an overweight 50+ year old … (not of myself anyway – I may be tempted to post some of hubby but just won’t tell him!!! – you know my post ‘Enduring Love’ – I’m not sure he’ll ‘endure’ me for much longer – hahaha..)
So for me it will have to be the traditional celebration instead..hiccup…hiccup….hiccipup…..
Long May we Continue to Share and CELEBRATE our Successes in Blogging and in our Lives!!